Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Ballet class in Paris

So I told you a few days ago that I was attending my first ballet class in Paris.
Well, it hapenned before I went to London. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. Which, now that I think of it, probably means that I didn't (?)... or not much, at least.

New leos make Nerea happy, though!
The thing is, I felt the level was too high for me, maybe. Well, not exactly too high. I guess I could have got used to it after two or three classes. Barre was nice, fast, challenging. I liked it. It made me feel like I was dancing again after such a long time.

But there was this moment that I didn't particularly enjoy: even if the teacher was nice and a beautiful dancer, when we got to the centre, she showed quite a long combination (not particularly hard, but really, really long), and by the time it was our turn and (of course) we messed everything up, she said something like: "okay, what do you want me to tell you? that wasn't even worth commenting. Now you don't get to repeat it".

What the what, nice reader? I mean, seriously! If none of your students can do something right, it's probably because you didn't explain it properly, isn't it? And how the hell do you want them to learn if you don't let them repeat the whole thing after they mess everything up?

So I guess I'm going to try at another studio.
Keep dancing!
Nerea.

2 comments:

  1. My ballet teacher is nice. She is tuff sometimes and there are days that she seems angry, but she never have told bad things against us. I believe I've learned a lot and i'm happy for it ;)

    if you don't feel good there, go to other studio! paris is big enough xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't like my previous ballet teacher in the very beginning, but after two classes I realised that she was the sweetest person on Earth, and now I miss her so much. She was tough sometimes, indeed, but funny and a beautiful dancer.

      But of course, no teacher should say things like this one did in Paris. Especially during an open course. There could be people new to ballet and they probably won't come back to any classes after that.

      Delete